internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Attacments Frequently Not Forwarding

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Attacments Frequently Not Forwarding
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 08:35:28 -0400

Susan LaBarre wrote:
Perhaps someone can help me solve this mystery. 8 out of 10 times, when I
send an attachment from my Earthlink email in Outlook, it gets stripped out
by the time the email arrives at its destination.

The type of computer is irrelevant most likely. The type of
email client is probably not an issue either, but is easily
tested by installing something like Netscape or Thunderbird.
It could possibly be a setup issue in Outlook, but that should
work all the time not 80%.
What type of files are you attaching? Are they document,
HTML, executables? Do some types go through, but not others?
More likely it has something to do with Earthlink or the
recipient's providers. Most email lists will strip out files.
I would contact Earthlink to see if they have some ruleset on
attachments. Is this something new or did it start at a specific
time?

--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.