internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Wireless Router Recommendations?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Lyman Green <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Wireless Router Recommendations?
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 08:41:47 -0400

I have never had any significant problems with the Linksys router I
bought 5 years ago at Best Buy, back when it cost more than $200. Now
they're a lot less expensive with a lot more features. Nevertheless,
I high recommend the Linksys router.

Lyman

On 5/13/05, Bill Geschwind <geschwin AT email.unc.edu> wrote:
> I have heard of people both with good and bad experience with Linksys. Count
> me among those who have never had any problems with them. I have used two
> different Linksys routers at home over the years and installed another one
> at a small company in Chapel Hill. None of the three has ever given me any
> problems. I also second BigLee's comments that they work right out of the
> box without any security settings, which makes it too easy to neglect
> setting appropriate security.
>
> - Bill

Interviewer: I've been told Dinsdale Piranha nailed your head to the floor.
Stig: No. Never. He was a smashing bloke. He used to buy his mother
flowers and that. He was like a brother to me.
Interviewer: But the police have film of Dinsdale actually nailing
your head to the floor.
Stig: (pause) Oh yeah, he did that.