internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] OT: In Florida, shoot first, ask questions later

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <czei AT webperformanceinc.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] OT: In Florida, shoot first, ask questions later
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:53:33 -0400

On Apr 26, 2005, at 12:04 PM, Shea Tisdale wrote:

As I'm sure others will point out, the only change here is removed your duty
to retreat when you feel you are in imminent danger of death or great bodily
harm from an assailant.

The problem with saying that a person doesn't have a responsibility to avoid a conflict is that it will lead to increased wrongful deaths.

I gather from your subject line, the hyperbole and the tell-tale omission of
facts that you aren't a gun rights supporter.

I'm a person who has had loaded, safety off, weapons pointed at me, and weapons fired at my house. On purpose. By gun rights supporters.

Call me crazy, but I don't think much of "gun rights". There's a reason people aren't allowed to own weapons like rocket propelled grenades or machine guns or tanks, and that is because there's some weapons that are so dangerous they should be kept out of the hands of the general populace.

Michael Czeiszperger
Web Performance, Inc.
919-845-7601 x1761