internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] One more whack at the dead horse...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <czei AT webperformanceinc.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] One more whack at the dead horse...
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:11:22 -0400

On Apr 18, 2005, at 10:49 PM, Lee Haslup wrote:

Most of the cost to society comes from the improper socialization of children (boys being especially expensive) so I see the reproductive potential of man-woman partnerships as a key factor in shaping the institution of marriage. From there I also observe that if anything is a marriage then nothing is a marriage. It is, of course, a slippery slope issue but I have picked my spot on it.

So are you saying that a man and a woman can't marry and adopt kids? If adopting kids is OK, then why can't married same sex partners adopt kids and have the same societal benefits? If the main point of marriage is for children, why should we allow older adults to marry when there's no chance of either procreation or adoption?

I quite agree. No religious test for a marriage license.

The vast majority of the people arguing against same sex marriage are doing so on religious grounds, as I'm sure you realize.

Michael Czeiszperger
Web Performance, Inc.
919-845-7601 x1761