internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Why almost everything the Federal Govermentdoes is unconstitutional

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Why almost everything the Federal Govermentdoes is unconstitutional
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:47:19 -0500

I'm going to head off in a different direction on this thread. Given the
nature of the discussion I find it very interesting that this morning on NPR
I heard that over 1/3 of the youth polled think that news stories should be
approved by the government before being run.

This factoid was dropped in the story Journalism and Hidden Agendas by David
Folkenflik.

All of this makes me wonder just what is being taught in schools today and
by parents? Most of the people I know have a healthy respect for the
government, but it's tempered by an equally healthy distrust of government
power. It seems this is fading rapidly.

- Shea Tisdale

Every generation has an obligation to improve the world.