internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Why almost everything the Federal Goverment does is unconstitutional

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Evan Zimmerman <evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Why almost everything the Federal Goverment does is unconstitutional
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 12:05:34 -0500

I understood ;-)

I guess to my way of thinking, it's a blessing and a curse to have so
many people in 2 parties and so few in others. On the one hand, you
have several small groups raising cain in unison about their issue(s).
On the other, you have as many or more numbers of people in
Rep/Dem-land raising cain... but they're only a minority of the whole,
depending on the issue. That's why activism can make a difference from
within a party structure -- those voices are there already, they're
just not on point right now. That can be changed.

Yet, if they were, and if change were effected in such a way as to be
inclusive of broad ideas, you might have a president and
congressthings on your hands... as opposed to what with the Greens or
Libertarians?
I'll say the same thing I said to Nader supporters -- I admire your
stance, and in many ways agree with it, but I just wish it would be
worth something other than a protest vote. I'm speaking on a national
level here -- I understand that the possibilities are different at a
local level.

Evan