internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] "Real ID" bill - was W Visit to Raleigh

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: B <beeline AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] "Real ID" bill - was W Visit to Raleigh
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 03:34:00 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

thomas wrote:

>Holy fuck. Why not just declare martial law and be upfront about it?

Wouldn't that mean that, sooner or later, they'd have to declare the end of
martial law?

(... Hum. Now that I've written that, I vaguely remember hearing some time
ago that our government is operating under some old war act law, or martial
powers rule, or a national emergency, or something along those lines that
they've neglected to end officially; so now, a bunch of regulatory stuff
would be null and void if the status quo were altered...? Maybe it was from
an alternate universe.... Or, I find, I'm probably thinking of the State of
Emergency declared March 9, 1933, but never ended,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_emergency ....)

~B

--
http://bholroyd.home.mindspring.com/

Only simple and quiet words will ripen of themselves.
-- Tao Teh Ching