internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] digital cameras

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Lyman Green <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] digital cameras
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 14:56:09 -0500

Well, on the drive home yesterday I stopped on the 751 South bridge
over Jordan Lake. It wasn't quite actually sunset time, but the sun
had worked it way over quite a ways into the western sky and the
clouds were creating a pretty good look so I stopped and jumped out to
try the new Nikon. After my teeth stopped chattering some and I'd put
a hat on and zipped up my light jacket, I snapped some pics. Crossing
the road I saw a blue heron, but it was having NONE of me and I
couldn't get close enough using the 70MM full zoom and just my legs to
get any pictures of it that were worth a damn, it kept flying away.
The sunset pics looked great in terms of sharpness, size, and
resolution - my composition was exactly what you'd expect with an
amateur and new camera - amateurish. Still, I have high hopes seeing
how I can progress. I need to read the small booklet that accompanies
the camera and get an idea of what I can do with the settings.
Unfortunately I do not have any webspace with my Bellsouth connection
that I"m aware of so I don't have a place to put the unmodified pics
in full size to show folks.

Again, I'd like to thank everyone for thie input on this.

Lyman