internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] digital cameras

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Evan Zimmerman <evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] digital cameras
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 11:42:42 -0500

I have the Canon, best camera I've ever had. I'm not a pro by any
means so take it with a grain of salt, but it's very solid for my
needs.
The only complaint I would make is that the body is plastic -- the D70
is aluminum I believe, which is probably more durable in the long run.
The battery lasts forever it seems, it takes cheap CF memory (I use
256 cards that are ~$40 and take 75 images at maximum resolution), has
good adjustment features for the jpegs and supports RAW.
If you're ready to go all the way, I would also recommend buying the
body only and investing in a better lens than comes with the package.
It's a good general use lens, but not as good as other similar Canon
lenses.
Otherwise I heartily recommend it.

Evan