internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Snow

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Kurt Schlatzer" <kurt AT kurtschlatzer.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Snow
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:05:36 -0500

K. Jo Garner wrote:
> Total time to get home: 1.5 hrs.

Envy.

I left work (Oxford in Cary) at 4:30. I got to my neighborhood near North
Hills Mall in Raleigh at 10:15, where the journey ended a few blocks from my
house. I've never seen mass idiocy on this scale in my life. Darwin is
smiling.

The low point: attempting to miss an idiot trying to pick up his cell phone
from the middle of the road, on a hill. He finaly realized I wasn't going to
be able to stop and left it there. I didn't hit him or his cell phone, but
it was close. Next time, take your glove off dumbass.

The high point: Watching a idiot in a Hummer pass me on a glassy hill after
riding my ass and blowing the horn for several minutes. He made it a good 20
feet before spinning out and plowing into several cars that were stacked up
on the side of the street.

I'm glad I traded in my SUV for a Mazda Protege5 earlier this year. If I was
still driving the SUV, I would not have made it home.

Kurt