internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] response to question of rights

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <quack AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] response to question of rights
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 01:33:58 -0500 (EST)

obviously our leaders (and us, somewhat more indirectly) have
forgotten how to listen to their elders.

hmmm. actually, now that i think about it, this is particularly ironic
given the date. guess that resolution didn't last long, did it? or is it
another example of good ol' american hypocrisy? (or more mundane: just
another good idea from one state that didn't percolate up to the federal
level.)

--s

from Michael Czeiszperger:
.:
.:This is way off the already way off topic discussion, but I'm a Lincoln
.:buff, and remembered the resolution that "Lincoln and the liberals of
.:Springfield" pushed through about the Hungarian Revolution of 1848:
.:
.:It is resolved:
.:
.:1. That it is the right of any people, sufficiently numerous for
.:national independence, to throw off, to revolutionize, their existing
.:form of government, and to establish such other in its stead as they
.:may chose.
.:
.:2. That it is the duty of our government to neither foment, nor assist,
.:such revolutions in other governments.
.:
.: From The Life and Writings of Abraham Lincoln, edited by Philip Van
.:Doren Stern
.: