internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] response to question of rights

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org>
  • To: rua AT mindspring.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] response to question of rights
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 19:44:19 -0500 (EST)

If you are claiming this list is solely the fault of the left you are dillusional at best...

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 rua AT mindspring.com wrote:
-The left's support for laws that support large injury claims and law suits.
This has had a direct effect on numerous freedoms I would like to enjoy.
Anecdotal example: I used to frequent a number of swimming outlets as a boy
in Tampa, that now my children cannot enjoy. Sulpher Springs, Lake Carol,
Lake Ellen, Ralston beach, all closed down because they could not afford the
liability. They were terrific fun, but now the only choice is $40 a pop to go
to AdventureIsland; vis a vis it is not an option for most normal kids in
Tampa, or at best one day a summer as opposed to 30.
-Telling me I cannot ride a motorcycle without a helmet if I want to.
-Telling me I cannot ride my bycicle as I want to.
-Telling me I must wear a seatbelt whether I want to or not.
-Telling me I cannot keep the profits of my own business, (ongoing and
pervasive taxation to pay for liberal agenda items).
-Telling me I cannot use my tax dollars on the school of choice for my
children.
-Telling me who I can hire or fire, for my own private business.
-Telling me who I can rent to, with a home I own.
-Telling me what school my child must be bused to, even though I may have
purchased a home and taken a job to be near a certain school.
-Telling me I cannot own the gun I want.
-Interfering in the rights and decisions of homeschooling parents.
-The whole "era of PC" is a force of the left. I grew up telling blue jokes
about every ethnicity, including my own. Now the left wants to police our thoughts and
comments in every corner of the country, looking to vilify someone for the audacity to
tell a joke. The same people who will laugh their ass off at a very racial joke on SNL,
will want to hang a senator for telling the
-Ending 100% of the rights of an unbirthed person, in deference to one of the
rights of an adult person.
-Blocking a persons right to his/her own money, by promoting a doctrine that
insists the successful must take care of the unsuccessful, even though the
unsuccessful are continually reclassified at a higher and higher standard of
living.
-Telling citizens everywhere that they cannot promote Christmas, Rammadan, or
other religius themes on public property. Some liberals have even argued that
celebrating the season, devoid of any religious symbol, was nonetheless
supportive of the Christian religion and thus unconstitutional.
-Liberal morality supports the collective over the individual in many
instances, with effects felt on thousands of pieces of legislation.
-Left policy continues to take property from some, to give property to
others, through the tax system and other means. They steal from the industry
of individuals to fuel their goals for the collective.
-Outlawing my right to use free market principles to judge the appropriate
wage for my employees. (min wage laws) I must now use whatever wage the govt
commands by gun that I use, regardless of whether it makes business sense or
not. They turn my private business into a tool they own for societal
engineering. It ceases to be my own enterprise more every day.

Don
http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1959 GMC in Chevy Sheetmetal 1/2 Ton (235" Inline 6)
1990 Ducati 750 Sport