internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] response to question of rights

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Joe Komenda <komejo AT komejo.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] response to question of rights
  • Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 22:06:51 -0500

I don't claim that you support any of the points below, or that you are
racist, sexist, cruel, or a religious zealot. 'You' is used only as a presentation tool.

The rights you list are interesting, but too cryptic; we should strive for clarity and simplicity above all. Let us try again and not obfuscate the left's heinous interferences:

- Telling you that you can't discriminate against people on the basis
or race, color, creed, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
- Telling you that you must chip in to keep people from starving to
death in their old age.
- Always obnoxiously referring to science as 'factual'.
- Forcing you to pay for the education of poor people, and people not
of your own race or social circle.
- Allowing people to act on their beliefs, or lack of beliefs, instead
of listening to the bible, which is irrefutable and not subject to
interpretation.
- Insisting and legislating that women can be equal to men.
- Destroying families by allowing divorce.
- Regulating your business, to include:
- Telling you that your business can't dump poisons.
- Telling you that your food business has to make food 'safe'.
- Telling you that you can't have 8-year old kids working 80 hours a
week.
- Telling you that you can't own slaves anymore.

I'm probably missing some of the left's more egregious interfering, but
others on the list may provide enlightenment.

Regards,
Joe K

rua AT mindspring.com wrote:
If you have examples of the "left"'s morality being restrictive, please share; I'm likely against those as well.

I don't claim to have any particular stake or leaning for most of this list, I just spit it out to give some feedback on the request above...I used the pronoun "I" just as a presentation tool.

[snip]