internetworkers - [internetworkers] I said I'd never use frames...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Ruth Suehle" <wuzzled AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] I said I'd never use frames...
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 08:50:55 -0500

I've always hated frames and never used them for anything. Thus my completely elementary knowledge in how to deal with this.

I have what I want to use as my personal start page in my browser, and it consists of things I personally want and a page of someone else's that I have no control over. So the only thing I could think to do was to put them in a framed page, with my stuff in a column on the left, and the other page in a larger frame on the right.

On the page I made, I can make all the links open in the whole window, easy. But what about the other page that I can't control? Is there anything I can put in the head of the frameset page to deal with the links in it and make them open in the whole window instead of the frame?

Or is there a better way to deal with this that I totally overlooked?
Thanks!
Ruth