internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Erection (morality and law)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Erection (morality and law)
  • Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 11:29:17 -0500

On 11/8/04 7:48 PM, "Sil Greene" <quack AT ibiblio.org> wrote:

> .:So, in terms of cash outlay -- ignoring the value of the education --
> .:the difference is $15,000. Now, I may be overly sensitive to money but,
> .:for me, $15k starts to get into incentive range. In fact, I'd be willing
> .:to bet that if Donald Trump dropped $15,000 on the sidewalk, he's bend
> .:over to pick it up.
> .:
>
> Ah. Yes, you seem to be overly sensitive to money. It's apparently a
> common problem in this country. (Heck, once in a blue moon I even show
> symptoms.) Pay your fair share and get over it. You don't like it,
> start a letter-writing campaign to get the laws levying the $4k tax
> changed.

Don't think the government should be in the business of educating other
people's kids? Think your taxes are wasted if you don't have kids attending
private school? If you would like to collect Social Security in retirement,
then think again--it is the other people's kids that will be paying into the
system.

David