internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Z and Dan responses

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>, rua AT mindspring.com
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Z and Dan responses
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 13:07:54 -0400

On Oct 22, 2004, at 12:49 PM, rua AT mindspring.com wrote:

I enjoyed Dan's analysis, although I don't know if that is the driving cause or one of several. I do think his analysis underscores the maxim "countries don't have friends, they have interests". I think it is entirely within the realm of possibility, that Bush made choices that he thought protected American interests, and were good for the most citizens of the country. I don't believe Bush' goal was a short term snatch and grab, nor a 'you hit my father', nor any of the other trivial motivations thrown about. Bush is already rich; his friends are already rich; the best thing he can do for his family and his ego, is to affect a great change for the better in the world. If you want to disagree on tactics, fine, but I fail to see a believable motive for the conspiracy theories.

The Bush Administration very well may have long term goals in mind when they invaded Iraq. The problem is in a democracy perhaps this strategy could have been shared with congress instead of claiming the war was about something else altogether.

I also believe that Pres. Bush is trying to "affect a great change for the better", but am fairly certain we disagree on what "better" means, as well as what is acceptable means to achieve "better".

michael at czeiszperger dot org
Chapel Hill, NC