internetworkers - [internetworkers] Where are the matyrs for stable and free iraq?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: rua AT mindspring.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Where are the matyrs for stable and free iraq?
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 13:23:07 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

>From a link someone posted a few days ago...

[--I asked a 28-year-old engineer if he and his family would participate in
the Iraqi elections since it was the first time Iraqis could to some degree
elect a leadership. His response summed it all: "Go and vote and risk being
blown into pieces or followed by the insurgents and murdered for cooperating
with the Americans? For what? To practice democracy? Are you joking?"--]

I guess we know who isn't the reincarnation of Patrick Henry...

Rambling questions: It's not the cops that make our streets safe, as you see
more cops in gang areas than in suburbs. It is the people who do not look the
other way when evil walks in their neighborhood. It is the people who must
stop terrorists. Parents must tell their young Iraqi sons, 'NO'. Clerics must
tell their followers "no", terrorism is not the way. Tribesmen must tell
their clans "NO", that is not the way. If people are not willing to stand up
to terrorists, they are doomed by their own choices and lack of courage.
Where are the martyrs for the Iraqi's who don't want terrorism? Where are the
courageous of Iraq? Are their stories of courage we are not hearing? Everyone
around the world knows Sadr, everyone knows Allawi, but where is the daily
reports of Sistani, or someone in Iraq who is willing to rally the people to
peace? They need to revolt against terrorism, and run them from the country
on a rail.

Don