internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Re: Jon Stewart on Crossfire

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Lyman Green <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Re: Jon Stewart on Crossfire
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:00:33 -0400

I'm an NPR news person, when I have to watch/listen to news at all.
Jon when I can watch him is in my opinion the best visual source for
news. He so often finds just the perfect concise thing to say about
the latest idiocy - whether it is political or otherwise. Well,
Stephen Colbert does a great job too.

Lyman

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:02:36 -0400, Alex Wilson <alex AT awstudios.net> wrote:
> On 10/18/04 10:35 AM, "Brian Godfrey" <bjgodfrey AT gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It's said when a comedian from a paradoy news show gives us better
> > political discourse then shows that are supposed to give it to us.
> >
> > Here is a link to the interview Dave Davies did with Jon on the show Fresh
> > Air.
> >
> > http://freshair.npr.org/day_fa.jhtml?display=day&todayDate=09/30/2004
>
> Other than the Daily Show and Inside the NFL, the only news I ever watch on
> TV is NOW with Bill Moyers, which has done an incredible job doing in-depth
> recording in the last few years, although a mere hour per week on PBS can
> hardly cover all the bases.
>
> Bill's interview with Stewart last year goes a lot more in depth with those
> issues that he brought up on Crossfire, and was the first time I felt
> validated in my belief that, while Stewart might not run the best NEWS show,
> he's definitely one of the only ones that does any decent questioning and
> analysis of the news. Here's the transcript:
>
> http://www.pbs.org/now/transcript/transcript_stewart.html
>
> The rest of my news comes from the internet and NPR.
>
> Alex.
>
> www.alexwilson.com - Alex Wilson Studios
> www.undersweet.com - Weekly Comic Strip
> www.telltaleweekly.org - Funding a Free Audiobook Library