internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Re: Jon Stewart on Crossfire

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Lyman Green <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Re: Jon Stewart on Crossfire
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 08:31:11 -0400

I watched it, and though I think Jon was clearly in command of the
situation, the two of those guys from Crossfire are clearly really
annoying and frankly, I don't think Jon got through to them. In a
way, it was wasted effort.

Lyman

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 08:25:47 -0400, Tom Boucher <trekkie AT nomorestars.com>
wrote:

> On Oct 17, 2004, at 11:23 AM, Lance A. Brown wrote:
>
> > Tom Boucher wrote:
> >> What do you know. A Torrent is available
> >>
> >> http://66.90.75.92/suprnova//torrents/2800/Crossfire-20041015-
> >> John_Stewart-avi.torrent
> >
> > Jon Stewart is a GOD. I watched this last night and seeing him
> > man-handle those two was just awesome. I was half-expecting an
> > irreverent treatment, but Stewart delivered a passionate, serious,
> > trouncing. Way damn cool. I think the best part is several of the
> > slaps he delivered went right past those two buffoons.
> >
> > --[Lance]
>
> Yes that was pretty amazing. Reading the transcript first was even
> more solid showing that the two guys are out of their element if they
> can't yell at a guest or about a topic. They were whining that he
> wasn't 'being funny'
>
> Going to have to start watching his show regularly I think.

Insert witty tagline here...