internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Re: Jon Stewart on Crossfire

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Alex Wilson <alex AT awstudios.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Re: Jon Stewart on Crossfire
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:02:36 -0400

On 10/18/04 10:35 AM, "Brian Godfrey" <bjgodfrey AT gmail.com> wrote:

> It's said when a comedian from a paradoy news show gives us better
> political discourse then shows that are supposed to give it to us.
>
> Here is a link to the interview Dave Davies did with Jon on the show Fresh
> Air.
>
> http://freshair.npr.org/day_fa.jhtml?display=day&todayDate=09/30/2004

Other than the Daily Show and Inside the NFL, the only news I ever watch on
TV is NOW with Bill Moyers, which has done an incredible job doing in-depth
recording in the last few years, although a mere hour per week on PBS can
hardly cover all the bases.

Bill's interview with Stewart last year goes a lot more in depth with those
issues that he brought up on Crossfire, and was the first time I felt
validated in my belief that, while Stewart might not run the best NEWS show,
he's definitely one of the only ones that does any decent questioning and
analysis of the news. Here's the transcript:

http://www.pbs.org/now/transcript/transcript_stewart.html

The rest of my news comes from the internet and NPR.

Alex.

www.alexwilson.com - Alex Wilson Studios
www.undersweet.com - Weekly Comic Strip
www.telltaleweekly.org - Funding a Free Audiobook Library