internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] from the desk of Arianna Huffington

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <quack AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] from the desk of Arianna Huffington
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 01:28:22 -0400 (EDT)

Reported 04.07.22 00:12 from Tony Spencer:
.:
.:"Capitalism, by it's very nature, concentrates wealth and power into the
.:hands of a very few, and those few are loathe to give it up."
.:
.:I'm dumbfounded by this statement. Name one nation in this world that
.:has a greater percentage of its population more comfortably than
.:American's do.
.:

Name one nation in this world that has a larger disparity between the
have-mores and the have-nothings. It's true that, on the surface, we have
one of the highest (if not the highest) standards of living; but how many
of us buy that standard of living on credit?

At least your first statement is half-correct.

--s