internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Reminder: Primaries today

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Reminder: Primaries today
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:17:11 -0400

yeah, there's also the fact that since the NC primary is so late, the
votes for convention delegates for the national presidential ticket
for the dems was decided months ago...

i wasn't thinking along the lines of only voting for other
independents/unaffiliateds in the primary, but the opposite, if you're
not registered in a party, then your ballot should be all inclusive.
just because I want to vote for a democrat for one of the offices to
be decided in the primary doesn't mean i shouldn't be able to vote for
a (gasp) republican or libertarian for another seat.

also, i think that the multiple candidates from one party running for
an unopposed seat should be in the general election, the fact that I
would have no say in which of the candidates are running for, say, a
commission seat, because they're all republicans is nonsense.