internetworkers - [internetworkers] Reminder: Primaries today

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Diana Duncan <dianaduncan AT contentdb.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers:http"@entuend.com://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/ <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Reminder: Primaries today
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:34:17 -0400

Primaries are today!

It turns out that registered independents *are* allowed to choose to vote in Democratic or Republican primaries in NC. While I find this weird, unsettling and wrong...I would urge all who wish to vote today to remember to go. The Republican primaries are particularly interesting, as 1) there's this big fight going on in NC between moderates and crazy conservatives (I actually agree with many moderate Repub. principles) and 2) for some of the seats, there is no Democratic challenger, so basically the winner of the primary is the winner.

So hey, if you are a somewhat conservative independent or a Republican, get out there and vote! If you are a crazy conservative, stay home! (hee hee)

For you Democrats, there are a few interesting judicial and school superintendent races. Not much, but at least the ballot will be short. :)

Diana (avid voter since 1988)