internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Draft Hoax

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Draft Hoax
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 12:31:36 -0400

on Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 12:22:03PM -0400, Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 11:46, zman wrote:
> > On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Tony Spencer wrote:
> > > This draft hoax is nothing more than a hoax. My step-brother just
> > > finished
> > > basic training this month. Only 40 were selected out of 100
> > > *volunteers*.
> > > Doesn't seem like the military is having any trouble recruiting.
> >
> > Sorry to piss in your cornflakes, but it is not a hoax. There are bills
> > in
> > both the house and senate to reinstate the draft. I don't consider that a
> > hoax. But of course if you have some other kind of dictionary you use...
>
> Um, there haven't been any bills introduced. That can be verified.

You're right - it can. As false.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c108:H.R.163:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c108:S.89:

The bills are there. Nothing has been done with them, as you can see from
the bill summary and status page:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d108:h.r.00163:
http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d108:s.00089:

But they're there.

Buy "Cascading Style Sheets: Separating Content from Presentation, 2/e" today!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/159059231X/heskecominc-20/ref=nosim/