internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Just for fun

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Just for fun
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 12:28:30 -0400

on Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 11:49:15AM -0400, Tony Spencer top-posted, so the
attribution is all wonky, in reply to Scott, who wrote:
> > Sorry to piss in your cornflakes, but it is not a hoax. There
> > are bills in both the house and senate to reinstate the
> > draft. I don't consider that a hoax. But of course if you
> > have some other kind of dictionary you use...
>
> I'd be interested in seeing a news source that supports this.

News source? Why not simply check the Congress Web site?

http://thomas.loc.gov/

The bills are H.R. 163 and S. 89, and were introduced by Fritz Hollings
and Charles Rangel over a year ago.

But if it's a news source you need, then here's a few:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/01/07/rangel.draft/
http://www.hillnews.com/news/100703/draft.aspx
http://www.truthout.org/docs_02/010203B.rangel.oped.htm

BTW, it's really interesting to see what bills are sponsored by which
congresscritters. Rep. Rangel appears to spend nearly all of his time
expressing the sense of the House regarding famous African American
poets, writers, and artists.

http://thomas.loc.gov/bss/d108query.html

Go to 'sponsor/cosponsor' and select for 'Rangel' and select
the 'sponsor/cosponsor' box. Amazing stuff.

Buy "Cascading Style Sheets: Separating Content from Presentation, 2/e" today!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/159059231X/heskecominc-20/ref=nosim/