internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Re: Draft Hoax [O.T.]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Butch Lazorchak <contactus AT squealermusic.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Re: Draft Hoax [O.T.]
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 14:02:53 -0400

Those bills were introduced by Democrats prior to the commencement of official hostilities to "bring the war home" to the Republicans. It was a reminder that if a draft were re-instituted, all those Republican children, comfortably insulated from dirty things like having to actual fight a war, could get sent to the desert and join all the other folks who didn't have the same options they had. If it was your kid (rather than those "other" people's) who was going to get sent to die for pointless adventurism, perhaps you'd think about things a little differently.

Butch

Lance A. Brown wrote: