internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] contacts or suggestions for dealing with SPEWS

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Scott Lundgren" <s_l AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] contacts or suggestions for dealing with SPEWS
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 11:58:56 -0500

Guess I'll close the thread now. Thank you to Michael for suggesting using
an alternate mail server while my hosting provider works through the issue &
time of getting de-listed.

> >is, either, FWIW. Basically, you need to find another provider if they're
> >too dumb or too slow or too greedy to keep spammers off their network.

Thank you Steve for posting the indepth information of how SPEWS and similar
lists work. If there are tools to query on which hosting providers are
spammer friendly is there then the inverse? a whitelist? it's not as
important just a curiousity.

- SL