internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] contacts or suggestions for dealing with SPEWS

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <lovelace AT wayfarer.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] contacts or suggestions for dealing with SPEWS
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 23:27:39 -0500

Steven Champeon said the following on 3/17/04 6:05 PM:

You don't deal with SPEWS. SPEWS deals with you. Nobody knows who SPEWS
is, either, FWIW. Basically, you need to find another provider if they're
too dumb or too slow or too greedy to keep spammers off their network.

You know, it's attitudes like this that confirm my opinion of blacklists
and people who support them. This is irresponsible in the extreme and
people who use this blacklist are nothing more than lazy idiots who
can't be bothered to manage their own spam filters.

Who was the spammer? What's the listing? Which level are they on - one
or two?

Who cares! They're gone. Do you cut down an entire forest
because one tree is sick? No, but that's exactly what SPEWS does.

Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace | Don't move! Or I'll fill ya full of... little
lovelace AT wayfarer.org | yellow bolts of light! - Commander John Crichton