internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] pig

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Lee Haslup <biglee AT haslups.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] pig
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 23:48:16 -0500

I've done business with Penzey's spices before. That's where I got my annato seeds.
http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/p-penzeysannatoseed.html

BigLee

MCW wrote:

On Tuesday 16 March 2004 04:35 pm, Ron Thigpen wrote:

Steven Champeon wrote:

We had some cochinita down here at Las Manitas, and I had some more at
Curra's - it's just great stuff all around. To make it in Raleigh, you
can pick up banana leaves at the Grand Asia Market over by the
Burlington Coat Factory just off Buck Jones, and you can get most of
what you need spice-wise at the Lowe's nearby, though they didn't have
unground annatto seeds, just pre-ground. I'd love to find out where to
get unground - any pointers?

You should be able to find the seeds in the Latino food section of any
grocery. Look among the clear plastic, hanging baggies filled with dried
spices. You can also sometimes find it in plastic jars among the canned
salsas. Or check out any local Tienda.

It's also called annato.

--rt

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/