internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] pig

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott <catfather AT donpoo.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers:http"@happyhouse.metalab.unc.edu://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/ <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] pig
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 09:02:43 -0500

On Mar 15, 2004, at 11:46 PM, Thomas Beckett wrote:

Here's a hopeful sign that the bland old "other white meat" will be getting flavorful again.

You'll need to adjust this for your grill if it's not gas. This is a personal favorite of ours that comes from, of all places, the Webber Gas Grill Cookbook. Hope you enjoy. :)

For the rub:
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp celery seeds
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne

4 Bone-in Rib Pork Chops, about 1 inch thick each

In a small bowl combine the rub ingredients. Season the pork chops evenly with the rub, pressing it into the meat. Allow to stand at room tempature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling.

Sear the pork chops over Direct High heat for 6 minutes, turning once half way through searing time. Continue grilling over Indirect Medium heat until the juices run clear, 6 to 8 minutes.

Direct High == All burners on high, flame under meat
Indirect Medium == Burners on medium, no flame under meat

--
Scott (aim: bluecame1)
blog: http://sackheads.org/~scottrus/blog/