internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] fury over WTC ads

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Parker, David X" <dmp31526 AT GlaxoWellcome.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] fury over WTC ads
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 17:01:00 -0500

Shea Tisdale:

> So let me ask where are all the complaints and outrage (and posts to this
> list) about the disabled and even disfigured veterans Kerry brings up on
> stage with him at campaign stops? Where are the complaints about the
> commercials he's run with Vietnam veterans saying that Kerry brought them
> home safe?

I recall the words of our colleague Phillip Rhodes:

"It is a crying shame, but it's a sad reality of our culture..
politicians always make a mockery of things, to further their
own agendas.

"These politicians have no respect for the people of this country,
living or dead. They prey on the emotional responses of the
people, and use them to manipulate their reactions.

"It's freaking ridiculous... I just hope most people
are capable of seeing through this transparent
non-sense."

I believe he has a point.

- Dave P.