internetworkers - [internetworkers] Mandatory military service / government registration for ALL young Americans...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Phillip Rhodes <mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Mandatory military service / government registration for ALL young Americans...
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 23:21:19 -0500

Somehow I missed hearing about this when it first came up,
but now that I've discovered it, all I can say is that I'm
absolutely floored. Mandatory military / government
service for everybody, male and female... no joke, this is
a bill that's floating around in Congress right now.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d108:h.r.00163:

and

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d108:SN00089:

Read it and weep... nice how this would require women
to register for selective service as well, huh? One more
database every good <strike>Oceanian</strike> American
will have to be entered into...

How long before incidents like the one with Dudley Hiibel are commonplace, except what the police are checking is that you have your
"national id card" on you, and that when the swipe it through
the card reader, the computer indicates that you did your
mandatory conscription period...

TTYL,

Phillip Rhodes

--
When the 1st Amendment no longer protects your voice.
And when the 4th Amendment no longer protects your privacy or your stuff.

FREE AMERICA
Vote Libertarian
www.lp.org