internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] The Passionate Maker of The Passion of The Christ

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] The Passionate Maker of The Passion of The Christ
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:56:32 -0500

on Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 03:43:07PM -0500, K. Jo Garner wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Steven Champeon wrote:
> ->an elegant shorthand for "king", and the article makes sense as a
> ->prefix, especially if your religion only admits the existence of one
>
> I don't know, I like Wade's explanation better.

Yeah, me, too. But now I can't get this image out of my head, of the
announcer, well, announcing, Jesus "SuperFly" ben Miriam The Christ. You
can imagine the outcry when it is demonstrated that the blood is real,
but the thorns aren't. Legions (if you'll pardon the use of the term) of
fans revolt when they realize they've given themselves stigmata for
nothing. Tens of thousands pull their "Good Calvin" stickers off their
pickups and switch back to "Bad Calvin" urinating on a
(chevy|ford|toyota) logo. And in the midst of the worst of the despair
and self-doubt, the triumphant return of a now-recidivist Hulk Hogan.

Steve

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier