internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Marriage and religion

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Marriage and religion
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 11:07:40 -0500

trekkie AT nomorestars.com wrote

> Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 7:30 PM
> To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
> Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Marriage and religion
>
> Quoting Shea Tisdale <shea AT sheatisdale.com>:
>
> > Just some questions and thoughts on this. Your statement seems awfully
> > broad. Is it equally appalling to you that the country was founded
> under
> > the Christian belief that all men are created equal with Creator endowed
> > rights?
>
> Yeah, it was broad. It just seems like since about mid 90s we went from
> being
> a country that had a general belief in god to a country that had to
> believe the
> most extremist version of said 'christian' god and everything else was
> 'satanic'

You are absolutely right. The republican party or at least the vocal part
of it started moving way, way right and appealing to religious zealots and
such because they were being handed defeat after defeat.

Although Tipper really did shock me. I thought she would be more liberal or
that at least Al Gore would keep her out of the public eye.