internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] snow day - roll call!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Ruth Suehle" <wuzzled AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] snow day - roll call!
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:49:22 -0500

The message when I called into work this morning said two-hour delay, so I'm
here at work now just off of Miami where it runs into 54. I think there are
only 3 other people here.

Mineral Springs Rd is mostly still a big sheet of white. Aim between the
power lines and mailboxes and assume you're on the road. Miami has been
sort-of cleared, but spots are still a bit rough.

We drove back up from Charleston yesterday, and what usually takes four
hours took six. I took pictures along the way, and you can see how the road
just gets worse and worse. http://www.graphospasm.net/gallery/snowice We got
in around 5, and two hours after we got home, the footprints we left coming
inside were already covered. I keep reading news stories that say an inch or
two, but I measured an average of about three to four and as much as four
and a half inches around the house before bed last night.