internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] BCBS BS

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] BCBS BS
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 23:59:25 -0500 (EST)

David Minton said:
> I am not sure what the best solution is for the country as a whole.

off-the-cuff-kneejerk-response; don't flame me for it, but:

much as it would hurt initially, I think the very concept of insurance
should be made illegal. I have very strong suspicions that the high cost
of medicine is due primarily to the (near)guarantee that insurance will
pay for it (think generally/historically). Eventually the cost of
medecine would approach what people could pay for out-of-pocket; anything
more expensive would be much like a high-cost consideration for the credit
card.

Add to that my belief that the cost of most things should be graduated:
you earn N times more than John Q, so you pay N times more. (yeah, yeah
... I stole that from "Iron Monkey")

-Alan