internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] BCBS BS

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: bethellison AT netscape.net (Beth)
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] BCBS BS
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 16:57:02 -0500

Lori Laubach <lorilral1 AT earthlink.net> wrote:

>Beth,
>The amount you're quoting sounds like an individaul plan.  You might want
>>to try other carriers like MAMSI for individual coverage.  Also, unless
>>you have had no coverage for more than 63 days prior to the effective >date
>of the plan BCBS is quoting, they must cover a pre-existing >condition (also
>known as evidence of continuous coverage).

Yeah, I'm just looking for individual coverage. And I haven't had coverage
for almost two years (Yay America) so the 63-day thing kinda gets me.

>I'm not aware of plans that have a 12-month moratorium on conditions not
>>considered pre-existing.  Did a broker tell you this, or did you source
>>the plan on your own?  Sounds really sketchy to me.

Yeah--you'd never guess I'm a writer.

I meant they wouldn't cover the pre-existing stuff for 12 months--they'll
cover other stuff. I just have tunnel vision now because my back has been a
constant source of pain every day for the past two years and I'm just focused
on getting that taken care of. Other potential illnesses/injuries? Oh
yeah...forgot about that possibility.

Still, $1400 a month is ridiculous. I'll check out MAMSI. Thanks for the
recommendation.

Beth