internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] BCBS BS

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] BCBS BS
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:20:05 -0500

To play devil's advocate, BCBS is not a charity, just a non-profit (or
not-for-profit--I can never keep them straight). Were you hoping for a plan
with a $200 a month premium with no waiting period? If they offered such,
one could get a $16,000 surgery the first month, and than cancel the policy.
In such a case, as a (relatively) healthy BCBS policy holder, I would get
stuck picking up a share of the bill :-(

I am not sure what the best solution is for the country as a whole. It would
be great to have a national healthcare system, but I am not sure if
American's are willing to foot the bill for an effective one, or put up with
rationed healthcare in the case of a less expensive one.

David

--
DesignHammer Media Group, LLC : 919.313.4588 : http://designhammer.com