internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] BCBS BS

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: bethellison AT netscape.net (Beth)
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org ("Internetworkers: http://www.ibib lio.org/internetworkers/")
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] BCBS BS
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:30:11 -0500

David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com> wrote:

>To play devil's advocate, BCBS is not a charity, just a non-profit (or
>not-for-profit--I can never keep them straight). Were you hoping for a plan
>with a $200 a month premium with no waiting period? If they offered such,
>one could get a $16,000 surgery the first month, and than cancel the policy.
>In such a case, as a (relatively) healthy BCBS policy holder, I would get
>stuck picking up a share of the bill :-(

I know BCBS is not a charity and I am not looking for/asking for charity, by
any stretch of the imagination, but *thanks* for assuming I was. I was hoping
for a reasonable rate and a shorter waiting period. No free ride. No attempt
to screw over anyone. Just coverage I can afford so I can get the surgery I
need and have health insurance in general.

Not asking a lot.

Beth