internetworkers - [internetworkers] BCBS BS

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: bethellison AT netscape.net (Beth)
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] BCBS BS
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 16:24:59 -0500

Oh this is unreal.

I was just informed by BCBS that, because I have back problems, health
insurance through them will cost me $1,396 a month.

Yes--a month.

Plus, I would have to wait 12 months for any coverage to take effect. While
I'm still paying almost $1400 a month. No coverage for 1 year, for the low,
low price of $16,800. Ironically, that's how much the back surgery I need
costs. Looks like I'm paying for that crap out of pocket after all.

I am stunned. I would say that I'm speechless, but that's pretty much an
impossibility.

Thanks a lot, BCBS. Thanks a lot for the zero health care reform, U.S.
Government. Thanks for taking such good care of us all!

Beth