internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] BCBS BS

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] BCBS BS
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:37:31 -0500

On 11/12/03 6:30 PM, "Beth" <bethellison AT netscape.net> wrote:

> David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>> To play devil's advocate, BCBS is not a charity, just a non-profit (or
>> not-for-profit--I can never keep them straight). Were you hoping for a plan
>> with a $200 a month premium with no waiting period? If they offered such,
>> one could get a $16,000 surgery the first month, and than cancel the
>> policy.
>> In such a case, as a (relatively) healthy BCBS policy holder, I would get
>> stuck picking up a share of the bill :-(
>

> I know BCBS is not a charity and I am not looking for/asking for charity, by
> any stretch of the imagination, but *thanks* for assuming I was. I was
> hoping
> for a reasonable rate and a shorter waiting period. No free ride. No attempt
> to screw over anyone. Just coverage I can afford so I can get the surgery I
> need and have health insurance in general.

That is why I wrote "one could" rather than "you could." I did not presume
you would do such a thing, though I am sure some would consider it.

In all seriousness, I would contact an independent insurance broker. They
know the ins and outs of the industry, and may be able to locate a policy
that would work for you.

If you are interested, I would be happy to recommend someone, off-list.

David