internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] BCBS BS

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] BCBS BS
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:34:26 -0500 (EST)

.:I am not sure what the best solution is for the country as a whole. It would
.:be great to have a national healthcare system, but I am not sure if
.:American's are willing to foot the bill for an effective one, or put up with
.:rationed healthcare in the case of a less expensive one.

This is a very good point. We're obviously not willing to foot the bill
for effective public education, after all, and public health care would
likely turn into a similar debacle.

I don't believe for a second that effective equals expensive. Not in
education, not in health care. Maybe one day we'll realize that it's more
important to have working, effective, useful public services than to make
one, or two, or a handful of private entities rich.

--
"If you put your supper dish to your ears you can hear the sounds
of a restaurant." --Snoopy (Charles Schultz 02-12-2000 RIP)