internetworkers - RE: IRC (was RE: [internetworkers] New website ideas)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael D. Thomas" <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: IRC (was RE: [internetworkers] New website ideas)
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:53:29 -0500

> I have to wonder if having an INW IRC channel will reduce the traffic
> on the list? Can I just say that IRC is too much fun? I'm getting to
> have a conversation with multiple people in the brief quiet of
Caelan's
> nap. Aaaah.

Things might change around, but I think that it's really a different
kind of conversation. We have gatherings, we have email discussion, we
have IRC. For instance, after a morning of tossing around web site ideas
on IRC, I see that IRC is a lot looser and causal. But email discussions
can be more easily transformed into to documentation, design specs, etc.

We should put some kind of recorder on IRC so that we cure cancer over
there we can have it captured.