internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers][--Re:s] Wal-Mart

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Kurt Schlatzer" <kurt AT kurtschlatzer.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers][--Re:s] Wal-Mart
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:40:26 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: internetworkers-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:internetworkers-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org]On Behalf Of Diana
Duncan

I don't know about elsewhere in the Triangle, but in Cary our garbage
collectors have a system where there is one big truck and about 3
satellite mini-trucks with three wheels that whiz around and pick up
the garbage, then bring it back to the big truck. It reminds me of
some sort of bee hive, and I love the little trucks. I was just saying
to Craig that it would almost be worth being a garbage collector if I
got to drive one of those little trucks!

Diana

In Raleigh, they have one big truck and two or three "sanitation engineers"
that have to run around much like Cary's little trucks, hauling all the
garbage up and down driveways out to the big truck which always seems to be
piloted by a "donut/double cheesburger disposal engineer". Don't tell them
about the little trucks, they'll revolt in envy ;-)

Kurt Schlatzer
www.kurtschlatzer.com