internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Re: Re: Wal-Mart

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Re: Re: Wal-Mart
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:48:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Sil Greene wrote:
> Lowe's is moving its HQ to the Charlotte 'burbs. (I believe Mooresville
> is where they're building the new campus, but it might be somewhere else
> *ahem* Wilkes is your place if you like Nascar (or just Nascar beer) and
> don't mind dealing with small telecomm companies. Granted, you don't have
> to deal with BellSouth, you just don't get their infrastructure. (If
> nothing else demonstrates the quality of BS's infrastructure, trying to
> get modern services in the mountains will.)

There is an infrastructure in Mooresville itself. Just don't get outside
of town. And the NASCAR boys are getting very technology-aware these days.
Each and every team now has an IT team that is pushing their technology
towards where Formula 1 is at. I'm not a fan of
go-straight-turn-left-repeat racing, but can appreciate the technology
behind it. I have a friend that works for Dynojet (chassis dynamometer) in
Charlotte. He got transfered there when all the NASCAR teams bought them.
If there were any teams closer to Raleigh I'd probably be hounding them
for a job...

--
Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com