internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Re: Re: Wal-Mart

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT gibbon.kungfumonkey.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Re: Re: Wal-Mart
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:19:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Steven Champeon wrote:
> But I shop at Lowe's, too. Does that make me a bad
> person? I don't think so.

Actually, no. Lowe's is a NC company. I shop there, I steer clear of Wal
Mart and Sam's, even though the in-laws bought us a membership. I try to
buy "Made in the USA" whenever possible. I also try and go out of my way
to support the small independent business. It's crazy how hard the
government (local, state, and national) make it on small business these
days. If your somekind of corporate entity they bend over backwards for
you. Probably reason one the Five-O closed, I got tired of fighting the
man to keep it open.

--
Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com