internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers][--Re:s] Wal-Mart

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Diana Duncan <art2mis AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: machett AT ibiblio.org, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers][--Re:s] Wal-Mart
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 15:10:37 -0400

On Thursday, Oct 23, 2003, at 21:24 US/Eastern, Alan MacHett wrote:

The world needs garbage men.

I don't know about elsewhere in the Triangle, but in Cary our garbage collectors have a system where there is one big truck and about 3 satellite mini-trucks with three wheels that whiz around and pick up the garbage, then bring it back to the big truck. It reminds me of some sort of bee hive, and I love the little trucks. I was just saying to Craig that it would almost be worth being a garbage collector if I got to drive one of those little trucks!

Diana

(who perhaps is channelling thoughts her small son may have when he reaches toddlerhood?)