internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] [kook]bikes vs. cars

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sil Greene <Sil_greene AT unc.edu>
  • To: machett AT ibiblio.org, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] [kook]bikes vs. cars
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:58:25 -0400 (EDT)

.:And I don't believe in being nice on the road. Er, what I mean is, I
.:don't believe in being overly nice, giving right-of-way to the other
.:person and all that; it just causes confusion with the intended recipient
.:and with the other drivers on the road who don't know what's going on.

It's all about eye contact. If you can make eye contact, you get the
luxury of being nice. But in the (non-threatening) general case, it's
xnot worth more effort than that.

--Sil

--
"If you put your supper dish to your ears you can hear the sounds
of a restaurant." --Snoopy (Charles Schultz 02-12-2000 RIP)