internetworkers - [internetworkers] [kook]bikes vs. cars

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] [kook]bikes vs. cars
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 18:15:01 -0400 (EDT)

ignore this if (a)you're not a cyclist (motor- or bi-) or (b)don't want to
read me being kooky about it. forgive the post, but I just need to
vent...

I want to get a paintgun. I'd rather have a regular handgun, but I think
shooting someone with a paintgun is only a misdemeanor. "Someone" being
the asses in their cars who ignore me on my bike.

Don't get me wrong. I don't like being held up in my car, and I *really*
like to go fast; I'm the poster child for road rage. But that only
applies on the open road. In town, I pay attention to the speed limit ...
pedestrians and bicyclists and all that to watch out for. I don't wiz
past cyclists at mere inches. I don't honk at them, potentially startling
them and getting them run over. I don't pull out in front of them.

If I could peddle faster, I'd catch up to these jerks, pull them from
their vehicles, and thrash them in public. Until I have Ahnold's legs,
though, I'll have to dream about that paintgun....

-Alan