internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] [kook]bikes vs. cars

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David R.Matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] [kook]bikes vs. cars
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:39:19 -0400

don't mean to spoil the fantasy, but this idea seems to border on irresponsibility and is definitely swimming in the waters of illegality. first of all, i don't think it is legal to shoot (any object) at a moving vehicle for any reason. nextly, i would have to pose the example that a child or sweetly-retarded adult could see this action and think it is okay to do such things (which is what i find irresponsible). lastly, there is very little chance that one could safely ride their bike while trying to catch a vehicle and/or draw a bead on said vehicle. chances are good that you would spill your ass in the lane and then get run over by another "power mad" motorist.

the only advice is to become/remain an extremely aware and defensive driver -- whether on bike, in a car or on foot. yes, you can be a driver on foot. it is called walking. i.e. find a better way to channel this so-called "road rage."

/drm